Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Give The Green Light to Farmers' Markets

Today’s weather is, for lack of a better word, yucky. We have snow, sleet and rain. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mother Nature decides to throw a bit of thunder in there too. The kids are home from school, but it’s not the kind of “snow day” we all romanticize. It’s far too wet and gloomy to go sledding, build a snowman or have a snowball fight (the snowballs would be lethal today). Needless to say, I’ve been dreaming of greener days. I’m looking forward to seeing my garden beds again and the enitre growing season. There’s nothing better than getting your dinner from your backyard. I thought I’d share Green Light Magazine’s piece highlighting the top ten US Farmers’ Markets to get us all pumped up and ready to get good fresh produce from local farming friends in your backyard. Enjoy.