Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Our House is a Very, Very, Very Fine Farmhouse



My husband and I recently celebrated our 10th year in our humble farmhouse. It's hard to believe all the work we have accomplished because our to-do list always seems so loooong. The very first thing we did was tear off a 1970's style awning from the front porch. It drove us both crazy. Upon closing, we literally pulled up to the house with a screwdriver in hand ready to take the unsightly piece down. I think I could hear the house sigh in relief. It was the first of many small projects that resulted in big transformations.

As a gift to my husband, I framed a few of the old nails from a dilapidated barn he tore down piece by piece, all by himself, to make way for a new garage. When, or if it's ever done, we shall hang it in the new room above the garage.

We'll always have a to-do list. And as much as we whine about it, we also spend many hours rummaging through magazines and dreaming about the endless possibilities. Now our daughter joins us in the dreaming. She's thinking a hot tub would be nice.