Monday, July 21, 2008

Kenyons Clam Cake and Fritter Mix--A Rhode Island Tradition

I'm a Rhode Islander--born and raised--and if there is one thing I know it's clam cakes. With this famous Kenyon's Clam Cake Mix, you can make clam cakes that rival some of the best I've had in my home state. Make your clam cakes small and they will take less time to cook and absorb less oil. Use our Kenyons Clam Cake and Fritter Mix for a variety of fritters including apple, onion, mushroom, zucchini, and more.

They're super simple to make, after all that's what summer cooking is all about. Follow this basic recipe and you won't fail:

1 box Kenyons Clam Cake and Fritter Mix
1 cup minced clams
1 1/2 cup water (or substitute with 1/2 cup of clam juice if available)

Stir batter to a smooth consistency and then deep fry in oil (about one heaping tbls is a good size for each cake).

Finally, prepare a dipping sauce. Many people like tartar sauce. If you want to get fancy try this Dill, Lemon and Caper Sauce. But my favorite way to enjoy clam cakes is to simply drizzle them with vinegar. Oh my gosh, I want some right now.

You can find more fritter recipes here. Enjoy