Monday, February 23, 2009

Sweet Treats


I have a sweet tooth--always have. When I was young I would ask why we even needed dinner. Couldn't we just go straight to dessert? My husband surprised me once by making that a reality. He packed a basket full of pastries and champagne and swept me off to the beach for an unforgettable sunset meal. Unforgettable because I got very sick and quickly learned why we eat dinner first.

I learned, again, that everything is better in moderation. Still, there is one exception to this rule and that is Tartelette. No moderation required to visit this beautiful blog and absorb the most delicious pastry recipes--not to mention the amazing photography. Tartelette is the sweet creation of pastry chef Helen, a French expatriate living in Charleston, SC. and soon to be published author of her first pastry cookbook. Enjoy!